Thursday, July 16, 2009

Some animation tests...
Heres a working progress of animation I did...(I designed the guy as I was animating..)
Basically the build is first done with nested symbols tweening.
Then inside the symbols I drew the frames for the animation.

Working this way has a lot of advantages - a couple being that you can tweek the motion
and design elements the as you're animating.

Allowing you to draw your elements with the motion of the character in mind.

It also means that you don't need to draw every single frame. In the back arm and in a lot of the
facial movements, I was able to get away with only redrawing a few of the frames to achieve this look.

Anyway, this way of animating isn't for everyone, but I think its really helpful and time saving
if you're familiar with how Flash works...

Click on the images to go to see the animation of each section...





No comments:

Post a Comment